About Jonathan Burrows
My name is Jonathan Burrows. I am a computer techie.
...and I make no apologies for it! In fact, I love putting my technical skills to good use and helping people, whether in the UK or anywhere else in the world, with their everyday computer and IT issues. I am also very experienced in developing and managing a wide range of software and web solutions for businesses. Read on for more details.
More about Jonathan Burrows
Internet & Website Services
I have the expertise to build and support your website from scratch. From domain choice to a complete hosting package. From website design (including mobile phones) to coding, SEO and completion. I've worked on multi-language websites too, so if you need the ability to show different content based on their language or location, then contact me for more details. Recent websites include:
- Posidacious (website) - A unique system for letting agents to manage maintenance issues with houses they manage. Provides cost saving and procedural benefits. Well worth a look!
- Bryce Properties (website) - A Plymouth landlord with a large portfolio of student and professional rooms and accommodation. He needed a simple but easy to use website to market his student and professional properties in Plymouth. Includes a large gallery of images for each property
- Vehicle Tracking (website) - Appleby Westward required a system to enabled the data received from each vehicle's tracking device to be displayed to logged in users on the website.
- Riverford Farm Shop - (website). The Watson family has farmed the 350 hectare Riverford Farm for nearly 50 years, more than twenty of which have been spent working to bring back the taste and quality of traditional foods through the farm shop with its butchery, bakery and kitchens, the organic vegetable box business and the organic dairy.
- Direct Property Services (website) - A Plymouth based Green Deal installer, Construction and Building business.
- Deptford Place, Plymouth (website) - A Plymouth landlord with a large portfolio of student and professional rooms decided to build three new top quality student houses. The development comprises 22 large double bedrooms, plenty of shower rooms and large communal lounges and kitchens. The houses are in an ideal location close to the University of Plymouth
- SPAR (Appleby Westward) (website) - This site has a members area and involved a lot of database and PHP work
- Bumblebee Nursery (Plymouth) - (website). I support and maintain this site. I didn't design it. Services provided include Google Analytics and SEO.
- Top Glass Glazing (website) - This customer needed an inexpensive solution that would still be searchable through the search engines
- In progress:
I also can happily advise and help you with expanding your business into Social Networking. Namely, sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Myspace, StumbleUpon and many more...
Ever needed to get something done quickly but found it took you several hours or even days to complete when you knew an expert would do it a lot faster (and probably better)?
- Bring all the technical aspects of your business together so that they work for you, not against you. Talk to me now.
- Documents & templates, files & file systems, databases. You'll be surprised by what I can do, just ask!
- Networking, backups and Computer Security
- Consultancy. Systems, Web & Networks
Property Management for Plymouth Landlords
A list of services for a part management service:
- Advertising & Viewings
- Contracts and Deposit handling
- Managing day to day matters arising
- Maintenance management (liaising with tradesmen, checking work and invoices)
- Regular inspections
All for a very reasonable monthly fee. Example: 5 bedroom student house generating £20,000 per annum. My fee £125 per month.
If you are a landlord who requires personal help in relation to letting your property (student and residential), then I could be just the person you are looking for! I can offer a range of customised property management and IT services. From viewings to maintenance management, bespoke spreadsheets for accounting to online services such as websites, social media, research and advice.
If you are a landlord who requires personal help in relation to your business, then I could be just what you are looking for! I can offer a range of customised property management and IT services. From bespoke spreadsheets for accounting to online services such as websites, social media, research and advice.
I can look at your existing website and analyse its structure and content. I also have considerable experience with Google Analytics & Google Adwords so am able to provide insightful advice on how best to improve your internet presence.
I can also analyse your use of existing technology and offer advice on how to get the best from it.
Project Management & Consultancy
Perhaps you are planning a larger project for your business but don't feel confident in your knowledge and abilities to ensure the best solution is chosen and implemented?
Graphic Design & Corporate Identity
Redesigning your website is the perfect time to look at your company corporate identity. Why not have a completely refreshed new look created? I work with a local Graphic Designer to create professional corporate identity packages, which reflect in all elements of work. Below are just a few area's that we can help:
- Company/Organisation Logo
- Business Cards
- Letterheads, Compliment slips and Invoices
- Postcards, Leaflets and other promotional material
If you require something else, then please don't hesitate to ask.
"Jonathan's knowledge and expertise are impressive. Not only that, I found him to be approachable, honest and trustworthy. He worked very hard to provide the best solution for the unique software issue I was encountering with my business and he did it at an extremely reasonable cost. I would not hesitate recommending him to any of my friends or fellow business owners." Erik Stensland, Colorado.
See all testimonials
It goes without saying that each project or task will have a different cost to another one. However...
Monthly peace of mind
- I offer monthly peace of mind support contracts. These contracts allow you to ask for something, actually anything, to be done within a previously agreed scope (I would discuss with you what your likely requirements are)
- As an example, for a site to be initially designed, hosted and built and then regular updates applied, you could be spending as little as £45 per month.
- So, why not start a discussion with me about setting up a peace of mind contract today?
Hourly and project rates
- If you prefer the pay-as-you go method, then my charges are very reasonable and start at £35 per hour.
- If a daily rate is required (for those larger projects) then you should base your costs from £245 per day
One more thing...
When you use me as your "Personal I.T. & Web Specialist", you are getting just that - your very own personal specialist. Feel free to ask me a question when you need an answer to a technical situation.
Oh and another thing...
I always think of and offer what's best for my customers and not for my wallet. My business mandate is to find the best solution for each unique situation.